Company Fact Sheet
Uuni is the world’s first and most popular portable wood-fired oven. Designed to revolutionise the way we all cook outdoors, Uuni was founded by Finnish-born Kristian Tapaninaho when he couldn’t find a portable wood-fired oven anywhere on the market. Uuni (pronounced ‘ooo-nee’ and meaning oven in Finnish) produces delicious and authentic wood-fired flavors to create the ideal meal anytime, anywhere. Uuni is reaches temperatures of 500 C- that’s double your domestic oven, meaning you can cook a pizza in only 60 seconds! Whether it’s the perfect gorgonzola, pear and prosciutto sourdough pizza, wood-fired fish, awesome steaks, roast vegetables or baked camembert — Uuni wood-fired ovens are a unique, easy, fast, fun and sociable way to cook.
The latest Uuni – the Uuni 2S comes with a stone baking board and is backed by several patents, including the the innovative, patent-pending ‘Flame Keeper’ feature that enables the oven to remain at a high temperature while reducing the amount of fuel required for a more efficient cooking experience.
- The world’s first affordable, portable wood-fired oven (launched in 2013)
- It takes only 10 minutes to heat up
- Cooks pizzas in only 60 seconds
- Reaches very hot temperatures of up to 930F/500C
- Great for pizza, roast meat, vegetables, fish and even desserts
- Runs off sustainable wood pellets
- Ships to over 50 countries worldwide
- Winner Scottish EDGE 2016
- Retailer’s Choice Award GLEE Birmingham 2015
- Best Product at the East London Design Show 2014
Uuni has a built a great community of global Uuni owners who share recipes and ideas. For inspiration with your Uuni check out http://recipes.uuni.net/.
Kristian Tapaninaho is the inventor and founder of Uuni. After searching for a small and cost effective pizza oven only to find expensive and immoveable options available, Kristian went to work and designed the first affordable, portable wood-fired oven in the world in 2011.
In July 2016 the Uuni team celebrated 3 years since shipping the first Uuni and to celebrate they are planting 10,000 trees, one for every Uuni sold to date, in partnership with National Forests www.nationalforests.org. Going forward they will continue to plant a tree for every Uuni or bag of wood-pellets sold.